NSW Industrial Relations (NSW IR) is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability.
We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so, follow the relevant standards and guidelines and develop policies to address the needs of vulnerable consumers.
The following outlines site-wide features that improve the accessibility of our website:
- The NSW IR website meets the criteria for AA compliance with W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- The website is compliant with the NSW Government Website Style Directive. Compliance with this will provide a consistent user experience across all NSW Government websites.
- Adobe Acrobat (pdf) files are used for some publications on this website. Where an alternative and accessible format is not provided on the website and you cannot access a pdf file, please contact NSW IR for the document to be provided in an alternative format. Please use "Your Feedback" form from IR website or call 131 628.
- Text sizes can be increased and decreased using the A icons at the top right and bottom right of the content on each page.
- Pages are print-friendly and can be printed using the print icon in the top right and bottom right of the content on each page.
- This website has been developed to display adequately on most commonly used browsers and mobile devices. The site will scale to both high and low screen resolutions
NSW IR has an access and equity strategy that provides a framework to ensure our programs meet the needs of all our customers. The strategy encompasses:
- people with a disability
- culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- young people.
The website provides information sections specifically tailored to some of NSW IR's special audiences – Indigenous and young people and those from culturally and linguistically diverse communities. Where a page in English in the main body of the website, has an equivalent section for these special audiences, a direct link is available from the top right of the content section of the page.
If you experience any difficulty in accessing the NSW IR website, please contact us.