This policy applies to all pages on the NSW IR Website unless otherwise indicated.
Analysis of Usage Patterns
- For each page accessed on the Website, the NSW IR records the IP address of the machine that has accessed it. To improve the services provided, the NSW IR may extract and publish aggregated information about usage patterns such as account type and country of origin.
- NSW IR will not disclose or publish information that identifies individual machines, or potentially identifies sub-groupings of addresses, without consent.
- NSW IR reserves the right to gather more extensive information than stated above in cases of:
- unauthorised attempts to access files that are not published on the NSW IR web pages;
- unauthorised tampering or interference with files published on the NSW IR web pages;
- unauthorised attempts to index the contents of the NSW IR web pages by other websites;
- attempts to intercept other users messages to or from the NSW IR Website;
- communications that are defamatory, abusive, vilify individuals or groups or give rise to a suspicion that an offence is being committed; - attempts to otherwise compromise the security of the web server, breach the laws of the State of New South Wales or Commonwealth of Australia.
- NSW IR reserves the right to make disclosures to relevant authorities where the use of the NSW IR Website raises a suspicion that an offence is being committed.
- NSW IR provides feedback forms on the Website to allow users to provide valuable input into the future development of the site and to comment on the provision of services by the NSW IR. The provision of personal details on feedback forms is optional. Users may provide personal details for the purpose of receiving a reply to their feedback. Access to and use of this information is restricted to the management and approved staff of the NSW IR.
Maintaining the Policy
- Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communications, this policy may be modified or expanded from time to time. Notification of any changes to this policy will be highlighted on the NSW IR Website home page.