Who we are
Public Sector Industrial Relations is a team of highly skilled industrial relations professionals who provide quality advice to the NSW Government and public sector agencies on industrial relations in the NSW public sector.
We develop public sector industrial relations policy to strengthen workforce capability and optimise business outcomes for the NSW public sector.
- Lead and monitor industrial relations policy, strategy and practice ensuring consistency of application with Government policy objectives.
- Implement the Government's Wages Policy in partnership with NSW Treasury.
- Provide central, strategic support to the Minister for Public Service and Employee Relations, Cabinet and the Secretary of the Department of Premier and Cabinet as Industrial Relations Secretary.
What we do
- Provide strategic and expert advice and counsel on industrial relations issues, including broader implications of industrial relations policy and practice on public sector service delivery.
- Manage major public sector industrial issues, including matters concerning awards, agreements and disputes that have a significant impact on service delivery.
- Lead industrial relations negotiations across the NSW public sector and intervene in major industrial cases that have a sector-wide impact or set precedent.
- Deliver learning and development initiatives to increase industrial relations capability in the NSW public sector.
- Contribute to inter-jurisdictional collaboration across the public sector nationally.
Individual employees and managers
Agency HR/IR personnel
|NSW public sector employees or managers seeking advice, please contact the human resources or industrial relations section in your agency.||
Public Sector Industrial Relations welcomes enquiries from NSW public sector human resources and industrial relations specialists. Agencies should enquire with their designated PSIR contact in the first instance or, if unavailable, via the link below.