Explore this page
NSW IR promotes compliance with industrial legislation by:
- providing information, advice and assistance relating to industrial entitlements
- undertaking industrial inspections and industry targeted campaigns
- where necessary, prosecuting breaches of industrial law
- has a specialist team to help Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in NSW understand their rights and responsibilities as employees, employers and managers.
NSW IR promotes workplace reform in NSW by:
- advising employers, workers and unions on workplace reform issues
- providing practical training on how to introduce implement and maintain workplace reform initiatives
- publishing and distributing information that promotes best practice principles.
NSW IR leads industrial relations reform in the NSW public sector by:
- providing innovative and principles based direction on industrial relations matters
- proactively developing and promoting best practice across the sector.
We also actively participate as a partner in the Commonwealth’s national workplace relations framework.
NSW Industrial Relations administers the following legislation:
Other related legislation within the Industrial Relations Portfolio includes: