From 1 January 2010, private sector NSW employers and employees previously covered by the NSW state award system (mainly sole traders and partnerships) moved into the national workplace relations system administered by Fair Work Australia.
The Fair Work Infoline may be contacted on 13 13 94 or visit their website at: www.fairwork.gov.au
The NSW Industrial Relations provides information about shop trading hours, long service leave, entertainment licensing and public holidays.
1. Please answer each of the following questions:[Mandatory fields indicated with *]
Employee Employer Student Solicitor Accountant Employment Agency Self-employed Unemployed Other
3. What job are you enquiring about?
Click here for a list of major occupations Manager, Administrator Professional Associate/Para Professional Tradesperson Clerk Sales Person, Service Worker Plant or Machine Operator, Driver Labourer and Related Worker
4. Is the job full-time, part-time or casual? Full-Time Permanent Employment Part-Time Permanent Employment Casual Employment Temporary Employment (Fixed Contract)
5. If you know the title of the Award you are enquiring about, please:
(i) Click here for list of most common NSW awards Building and Construction Industry (State) Award Cleaning and Building Service Contractors (State) Award Clerical and Administrative Employees (State) Award Club Employees (State) Award Hairdressers' (State) Award Metal Engineering Industry Inetrim (State) Award Miscellaneous Workers' - General Services (State) Award Miscellaneous Workers - Kindergartens and Child Care Centres Private Hospital Inudstry Nurses' (State) Award Restaurant Employees Interim (State) Award Security Industry (State) Award Shop Employees (State) Award Storeman and Packers (State) Award Transport Industry Interim (State) Award
(ii) OR type the name of the award
6. If you are under 21 years of age, please state your age:[Many awards and some laws apply differently to people who are under 21 years of age.]
7. Description of employee's major duties:
8. Please tell us the details of your enquiry:
9. If you know the title of the Legislation you are enquiring about, please tell us:
Click here for drop down list of Acts Industrial Relations Act 1996 Annual Holidays Act 1944 Long Service Leave Act 1955 Employment Protection Act 1982 Bank & Bank Holidays Act 1912 (Public Holidays) Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 Workplace Relations Act 1996 (Commonwealth) Superannuation Guarantee Charge Act 1992 (Commonwealth)
10. Please tell us the name of the organisation:[We may use this information to check where an enterprise award or enterprise agreement covers the work.]
11. Which industry are you enquiring about?:
Choose from the following list Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing Mining Manufacturing Electricity, Gas and Water Supply Building and Construction Wholesale Trade Retail Trade Accommodation, Cafes and Restaurants Transport and Storage Communication Services Finance and Insurance Property and Business Services Government Administration Education Health and Community Services Cultural and Recreational Services Personal and Other Services
12. Briefly describe the company's, organisation's or employer's business:
13. Would you like further information on the following: (tick one or more boxes)
Our staff will answer your enquiry as soon as possible.
If you would prefer to receive our response by fax, please provide your contact facsimile number:(Available to Australian residents only)
If you would prefer to receive our response by mail, please provide your mailing address:(Available to Australian residents only)
Please ensure that your e-mail address is correct so that a prompt response may be provided.
NSW IR will endeavour to respond to all requests within 5 working days.
Security characters: To prevent automated spam messages, please type the following random characters into the text box, or you can listen to the characters by following the audio link.
Listen to Audio